Bedroom mattresses should be replaced in eight to ten years. Many people continue to use their bedroom mattresses for well over a decade. This is fine if there is no obvious problem with the mattress and if the user is not experiencing any issue while sleeping. If you are embarking on a quest to shop for bedroom mattresses, you should know how to compare the plethora of options so you can certainly choose the finest.
• The first comparisonwill be on the basis of material. Price should not be the first criterion. The popular materials right now are memory foam, coils, latex, polyurethane foam and hybrids. Pillow top mattresses are not a different category in regards to material. These simply have more comfortable covers. They can be memory foam, polyurethane foam, coils, latex or hybrids. A hybrid mattress is usually a mix of more than one material. Each of these materials has its fair share of pros and cons, so does adjustable mattresses which is another variant. You must consider the advantages and disadvantages in the right context.
• Memory foam is great for those want a comfortable mattress that nearly hugs the sleeper. However, it can be uncomfortable in tropical regions of the world. Coils are more traditional and they can be a tad firmer. Latex is not suitable for everyone. Polyurethane foam is becoming very popular due to the various layers of cushioning available in such mattresses. Hybrids are also a favorite these days due to their relevance for different sleeping patterns. Usually, those who sleep on their side will want a cushionier mattress. Those who sleep on their back will want a firmer feel.
• Choice is important and you will need to choose the firmness and accordingly a material but you must begin with a pragmatic budget. Spending less than five hundred dollars on bedroom mattresses is a waste of money. You will not get a reliable, durable or comfortable mattress. You have to pay anywhere between seven hundred to around a thousand dollars if you want to sleep well. Five to seven on a scale of ten is a good range for level of firmness. Very few people want the firmness to be over seven. Some people like it at three or four but only those who sleep on their side.
• Bedroom mattresses have a weight threshold. Some brands may not be forthcoming with such a limit but all materials have a level of endurance. You cannot expect the same bedroom mattresses to respond identically for two sleepers weighing as different as a hundred pounds and three hundred pounds. Your weight will have an immediate and a sustained impact on the mattress. Choose one that is suitable for your bodyweight. If you choose an unsuitable mattress, it will shrink and there will be uncomfortable pressure points.
• Regular bedroom mattresses are not meant for people with back pain or musculoskeletal and spinal problems. The best mattresses for a bad back should have motion isolation, more supportive build, dispersion of weight and pressure relief by conforming to the contours of the body. Some of the best mattresses for a bad back are Brooklyn Bedding Signature, Helix Dawn, PlushBeds Botanical Bliss, Layla, Bear, DreamCloud and Winkbeds Plus.
How to Find High Quality Bedroom Furniture at a Discount Price
There are three ways to find discounted bedroom furniture. You must know the right time to shop. You should choose the right stores or online marketplaces. You must be able to haggle if it is a possibility. Figuring out the right time to shop may seem to be obvious but it is not. Most companies, including manufacturers and resellers, tend to offer discounts throughout the year. You may be led to believe that you are getting discounted bedroom furniture. The trouble with perennial discounts is that they are modest at best and the quality of bedroom furniture may be in question.
It is not an uncommon practice for companies to inflate the price and then offer a discount, solely with the purpose of wooing reluctant or unsure buyers who may be tempted with a markdown. It is disheartening for many shoppers to find the same bedroom furniture being discounted further at other times of the year. Hence, you should know how to scan the spectrum so you can bag the highest discounts. Usually, there are sales on Christmas, Memorial Day, Veterans Day and the Fourth of July. Market watchers and serial shoppers will tell you that the discounts during Christmas and Fourth of July are much better than those on Veterans Day and Memorial Day.
There is no stringent rule that dictates the choices made by sellers or the manufacturers of bedroom furniture. Clearance sale is when you will get generous discounts but you may not get the best quality of bedroom furniture. Many types of bedroom furniture in clearance are basically what remain of an inventory and the store wants to get rid of them to make space for new stock. You have to ensure quality and price so clearance may not be your safest bet. One way to save money on bedroom furniture is to go for used or pre-owned. Many people will not consider used bedroom furniture as a matter of preference but it is possible to grab some awesome pieces at amazing prices.
Shopping at stores, not the big box ones but at smaller retailers, offers the opportunity to negotiate the price. Big box stores and wholesalers will also have deals, from combos to generous markdowns. You can consider both these avenues to find discounted bedroom furniture. It is not uncommon for salespeople to be willing to negotiate with the buyer and there can be a substantial markdown on the price, often in the range of ten to twenty percent.
Having harmonious energy in a room definitely helps with enhancing the quality of sleep. Feng shui, the centuries-old Chinese approach of arranging a space for better balance, or yin and yang, can be just what you need to create a serene setting for napping, dreaming or enjoying deep slumber. Have a look at how to set up your precious bed so that it is Feng shui-friendly for the future.
Establish Easy Access
Position the bed in such a way that it is easy to get to in the first place. Meaning, there should be enough space on all sides so that it is not surrounded by unnecessary clutter and furniture. Height is another element that will make a difference in how well the chi energy circulates around you so you want to also keep that in mind. Avoid placing the bed directly under a window too because this may also decrease energy that could be flowing your way. Get rid of computers and TVs in the vicinity because this type of technology disrupts the Feng shui energy by causing unwanted distractions. Instead, what you do want to make sure you do is have are a pair of nightstands and a pair of lamps to create more tranquility and balance.
Don’t Forget Aesthetics
The appearance of the bed contributes or counters Feng shui energy. Start with a quality headboard made of wood or upholstery instead of one made of a metal frame to achieve better balance and support. Next, only choose bedding and pillows in soothing colors and are comfortable. Specifically, you’re going to want “skin” colors such as cream, brown and off-white or peach, all of which are known to add a peaceful feeling to any ambiance.
Be Mindful of Blocking Energy
Experts in Feng shui arena advise against lining the bed up with the door. If you’re wondering why, well, they say that the configuration resembles that of a coffin. Creepy right? So don’t line up the bed with the door. One way to make sure that it doesn’t line up with the door is to lie down and see where feet are facing. If they point to the door, it’s time to make a few adjustments. Other no-nos include having the bed face a mirror, which apparently takes away your positive energy.
Following these essential Feng shui principles will make all the difference in how well you sleep at night. So take the time to transform the sleeping area into an inviting setting that is ideal for promoting positive energy day in and day out.